Electromagnetic flowmeters have a wide range of applications, large-diameter instruments are mostly used in water supply and drainage projects; medium and small calibers are often used in high-demand or difficult-to-measure occasions, such as blast furnace tuyere cooling water control in the iron and steel industry, measurement of pulp and black liquor in the paper industry, and chemical industry. Strong corrosive liquid, ore pulp in non-ferrous metallurgy industry; small-diameter and micro-diameter are often used in places with hygiene requirements such as pharmaceutical industry, food industry, and biochemistry.
* The measurement channel is a smooth straight pipe, which will not be blocked. It is suitable for measuring liquid-solid two-phase fluids containing solid particles, such as pulp, mud, sewage, etc.;
* There is no pressure loss caused by flow detection, and the energy saving effect is good;
* The measured volume flow is actually not significantly affected by changes in fluid density, viscosity, temperature, pressure and conductivity;
* Large flow range and wide caliber range;
* Corrosive fluids can be applied.
|Maximum velocity of flow||15m/s|
|Accuracy||DN15 ~ DN600||±0.5% of the indicated value (flow velocity ≥ 1m/s), ±0.2%**|
|+3mm/s (flow velocity < 1m/s)|
|DN700 ~ DN3000||±0.5% of the indicated value (flow velocity ≥ 0.8m/s)|
|±4mm/s (flow velocity < 0.8m/s)|
|Fluid Electrical Conductivity||≥50μS/cm|
|Nominal pressure||DN10 ~ DN200||1.6MPa|
|DN250 ~ DN1000||1.0MPa|
|DN1200 ~ DN2000||0.6MPa|
|DN2200 ~ DN3000||0.6MPa|
|Ambient temperature||Sensor||-25°C~ +60°C|
|Converter & Integrated type||-10°C~ +60°C|
Lining material &
Fluid maximum temperature
|Lining material||Separate type||Integrated type|
|PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene)||120°C (special customization)||70°C|
|PFA (Perfluoroalkoxy resin)||180°C (special customization)||70°C|
|FEP (Fluorinated ethylene propylene)||160°C (special customization)||70°C|
|Polychloroprene Rubber||80°C (special customization)||70°C|
|Signal electrode form||Fixed type ( DN15 ~ DN2600 )、scraper type ( DN80 ~ DN3000 )|
Signal Electrode &
Ground Electrode Materials
Molybdenum-containing stainless steel, Hastelloy B, Hastelloy C, Titanium,
Tantalum, latinumiridium alloy, stainless steel coated tungsten carbide
|Connection flange material||Carbon steel|
|Grounding flange material||Stainless steel 1Cr18Ni9Ti|
|Inlet protection flange material||DN15 ~ DN600||Stainless steel 1Cr18Ni9Ti|
|DN700 ~ DN3000||Carbon steel|
|IP Rate||DN15 ~ DN150separable rubber or polyurethane lined sensor||IP65, IP68 (special customization)|
|DN200 ~ DN2600separable rubber or polyurethane lined sensor||IP68, 10 meters underwater|
|Other sensors and all converters||IP65|
|Spacing (separate type)||The distance between the converter and the sensor is generally not more than 100m; if it exceeds 100m, special customization is required.|
*DN700 ~ DN3000, the accuracy of special order can reach +0.3% of the indicated value (flow velocity ≥ 1m/s) or +3mm (flow velocity < 1m/s).
*Specially provide 0.2% accuracy flow meter.
|Lining material||Main performance||Applications|
1. It is the material that has most stable chemical property among plastics:
resistant to boiling hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, nitric acid and aqua regia, also resistant to concentrated alkali and various organic solvents, not resistant to
corrosion by chlorine trifluoride, high temperature oxygen trifluoride, high flow
rate liquid fluorine, liquid oxygen and ozone.
2. Poor wear resistance.
3. The ability to resist negative pressure is poor.
1. 100°C, 150°C (special customization)
2. Strong corrosive media such as concentrated acid
3. Hygienic media.
1. It has excellent elasticity, high breaking force and good wear resistance.
2. It is resistant to the corrosion of general low-concentration acid and alkali salt media, and not resistant to the corrosion of oxidative media.
1. 80°C, 120*C (special customization)
2. General water, sewage, weak abrasive mud, ore pulp.
|PUR (Polyurethane)||1. Excellent wear resistance (equivalent to ten times that of natural rubber).|
2. Acid and alkali resistance is poor.
3. It cannot be used for water mixed with organic solvents.
1. < 80°C
2. Neutral and strong abrasive slurry, coal slurry, mud, etc
The measurement is not affected by changes in fluid density, viscosity, temperature, pressure and conductivity; .
There are no obstructing flow parts in the measuring tube, no pressure loss, and the requirements for straight pipe sections are low;
The nominal diameter of the series is DN4 ~ DN3000. There are various options for sensor lining and electrode materials;
The converter adopts a novel excitation method, with low power consumption, stable zero point and high accuracy. The flow range can reach 1500:1;
The converter can be combined with the sensor to form an integral type or a separate type;
The converter adopts 16-bit high-performance microprocessor, 2x16LCD display, convenient parameter setting and reliable programming;
The flowmeter is a two-way measurement system with three built-in totalizers: forward total, reverse total and difference total; it can display forward and reverse flow, and has a variety of outputs: current, pulse, digital communication , HART, RS485 protocol;
The converter adopts surface mount technology (SMT), with self-check and self-diagnosis functions;
Rubber and urethane lined sensor for intrinsic immersion structure;
Explosion-proof instruments can be used in corresponding explosion-proof places;
Electromagnetic flowmeter is used to measure the volume flow of conductive liquid and slurry in closed pipelines. It is suitable for chemical, electric power, metallurgy, petroleum, water supply and drainage, papermaking, medicine, food and other departments.
LEFOO Industrial Co., Ltd has 6 laboratories with advanced and complete equipment to develop and improve the accuracy of existing products in various ranges and various temperature conditions. It also has a semi-automatic dust-free production center for the manufacture of pressure transmitters. Please contact our sales team to get the best pressure transmitter price.
The fluid to be tested must be a conductive liquid or slurry with a conductivity of not less than 50μS/cm, and the fluid to be tested should not contain many ferromagnetic substances or bubbles.
The appropriate pressure level, lining material, electrode material and instrument structure should be selected according to the characteristics of the fluid to be measured.
1. Because the electromagnetic flowmeter has a high range of 1500:1, the diameter of the instrument is usually the same as that of the process pipeline.
2. If the measured medium contains solid particles, the recommended flow rate range is 1 - 3m/s. If the actual flow rate is too large and it is inconvenient to change, the diameter of the optional instrument is larger than that of the process pipeline.
To reduce the flow rate of the fluid in the measuring pipe section of the flowmeter properly, reduce the wear of the particles on the electrode and the lining.
3. If there may be sediment in the process pipeline, the recommended flow rate is 2-5m/s. If the actual flow rate is too small and it is inconvenient to change the process pipeline, the optional instrument with a small diameter
According to the diameter of the process pipeline, the fluid flow rate of the flowmeter can be appropriately increased to avoid the influence of sediment on the accuracy of the meter.
4. When the flow rate is too small and high-precision measurement is required, a sensor smaller than the diameter of the process pipeline can be selected to increase the flow rate and ensure higher accuracy.
In the above 2, 3, and 4 cases, reducers must be installed upstream and downstream of the flowmeter. The central cone angle of the reducer should not be greater than 15°, and there should be at least a straight pipe section upstream of the reducer that is five times the diameter of the process pipe.
24 Sep 2023Harnessing Innovation: The Future of Water Treatment with Water Purifier Pumps
16 Sep 2023Unveiling Water Clarity: Exploring the Technology behind Water Purifier Pumps
08 Sep 2023Elevating Water Purification: The Essential Role of Water Purifier Pumps
18 Aug 2023Engineering Excellence: The Dynamics and Applications of Diaphragm Booster Pumps